Thursday, November 12, 2009

Veteran's Day


Veteran's day in the US is just wrapping up as I write this post, so I wanted to take a short moment to give tribute to two very special men that I love with all my heart and without whom I probably would not be in Korea right now at all.

Both of my grandfathers served in the US military and were stationed here in Korea. My father's father, who is still living, served as a paratrooper in the Army during the Korean War and was stationed just north of Seoul. My mother's stepfather, who has since passed away, later served as commanding officer at Osan Air Base.

These two men have been two of the biggest influences on my life. They are, without a doubt, two of the bravest, toughest, strongest, handsomest, and most absolutely loving men the world has ever been blessed to know. Words cannot express the love, admiration and gratitude that I have for these two very special people.

I can only hope that my Halabogi truly knew how much I love him and how thankful I am for everything he did and for who he was.

To my dear and wonderful Grandaddy... thank you and I love you. From the very bottom of my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment