Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Turkey Day!


Living in a foreign country and dealing with unfamiliar, often uncomfortable and sometimes frustrating occurrences on a regular basis, it can be easy to lose sight of just what a truly awesome blessing it is that I am here. So with Thanksgiving just a few hours away in the US, I am taking a moment to reflect on a few of the things that I am thankful for in Korea specifically.

Posted as a timely reminder to myself, here is a short list of five HUGE blessings that have come as a result of my being in Korea, in no particular order...

1. Meeting and getting to know family who I would have never otherwise had the opportunity to get to know

2. Growing relationships with precious friends here who have kept me grounded and encouraged by consistently speaking wisdom into my life

3. (Re)learning the depth of my need to rely on God's grace

4. Experiencing a different culture, and learning and growing from those experiences daily

5. Becoming connected to a part of my identity-- the Korean part-- that I had never been able to truly identify with while living in America

And none of these wonderful things would be happening to me had I not decided to come to Korea-- so I am also very thankful to all of you who encouraged me to go and who have helped me along the way. I really am truly and unbelievably blessed... :)

***
PS. I've been watching this video sent to me by a friend to help me get in the Thanksgiving day mood... Makes me smile everytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment