Monday, November 23, 2009

Piping Hot (Half) Korean Men

*This post is by special request from Julia Rose. :)*

I have recently gotten into following the KBL-- Korea's national professional basketball league. The level of play in the league is roughly comprable to college level play in the US, and it is a ton of fun to watch. I especially enjoy watching the league's few half-Korean American players-- perhaps I feel a kind of kinship with them, having one Korean parent and growing up in the US before moving to Korea.

One of these players in particular, though, I am unquestionably in love with, and that is Jeon Tae-poong-- aka, Tony Akins. He was the number one pick in the KBL's newly conceived and somewhat controversial "ethnic draft" for half-Koreans this past year (read more about the draft and the controvesy here). Growing up as an ACC fan in the States, I can remember watching Akins dominate at Georgia Tech as a student, and it is no different now that he is playing in the KBL. He is a small 5'11 guard with lightning quick feet, great awareness, and a completely unselfish style of play. Though he is older-- about 29, I think-- I would bet that he would be able to more than hold his own in the NBA.

And to top it off, even his skill and sportsmanship on the court aside, he is also ridiculously attractive.






Um, hi. Even if I weren't a basketball fan, I would follow Korean basketball just for this kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment