Tuesday, December 22, 2009

FaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLa

Christmas is only 3 short days away!!

I am so excited to celebrate the birth of Jesus for the first time ever in South Korea!

For those interested, here are a few random tidbits about Christmas in Korea...

Christmas here is an opportunity for Chrisitians to go to church and for dating couples to have (yet another) Valentine's day-type celebration.

Families don't get together for Christmas.

The main gift given on Christmas is cash.

Sometimes, Santa wears blue instead of red.





PS. This Christmas season my thoughts are with my family and all of the other people in North Korea who are struggling day in and day out to survive this winter, and who either don't know that it is Christmas, or who are forced to celebrate in hiding. Check out my other blog, and join my family and me in remembering and praying for the people of North Korea this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment