Friday, April 9, 2010

Kiva!

I've FINALLYYYY gotten started and made my first loan through Kiva. YAY! Have no idea what took me so long (only takes $25!), but now that I've done it, I want to invite you to join me in supporting this lovely entrepreneur: Salwa from Lebanon.




She still needs $300 to fund her loan, which she will use to purchase merchandise for her store selling baby and children's clothing. I chose to support her because she is a single woman with four children from the Middle East and it is her first time receiving a loan through Kiva, but there are literally thousands of others that I could have chosen who would have been equally as deserving.

I'm excited that I have finally started doing this after being theoretically supportive of microfinance for years, and I definitely wish I had become personally invested MUCH sooner! Thankfully, a friend here in Korea recently lent me a book that gave me just the kick in the butt I needed...

(Consider this book a "must read" for all!)

Hope you'll consider joining me in this if it's not something you do already... microlending is one great way that we can all embrace and love our world, no matter where in it we happen to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment