Thursday, March 25, 2010

8 Months!

This upcoming weekend marks the 8 month anniversary of my arrival in the ROK.

EIGHT MONTHS!!!

It is wild to me that it has already been so long. It is even wilder that the time until my contract is up is suddenly looking so *short.* 4 months is really no time at all.

As I have begun to realize that decisions are soon going to have to be made and have started to give a lot of thought to just what those should be, there are only two things that I have been able to conclude with any sense of certainty;

1. God has a good and perfect plan for my life.

2. I will drive myself crazy if I try to figure out exactly what that plan is.

So, rather than try to figure it out, I have resolved that I will simply go along with it. Uncertainty is what brought me to Korea in the first place, and my time here has proven to be a literal God-send. I doubt I've made it clear through my blog just how much perspective I have gained and how much I have grown up since being in Korea, but, believe me, it has been happening. And the knowledge that, despite my own best efforts, I ended up where God wanted me to be, is truth that I am holding onto tightly as I navigate through a very muddled pool of intentions, desires, and job applications in looking towards my next step.

Updates to come as I figure out just what that step will be....

No comments:

Post a Comment