Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Guest Blogger: Ferf McFub (aka Christopher)

Shelly Nuna and I were bored because Mary Nuna had to work all day. I had told Mary Nuna that I wanted to see a whole bunch of "old stuff," so she called up her Korean friend Micah. He thought it would be cool to show us around Seoul and take us to Gyeongbuk palace.

In the morning before we left, Shelly Nuna showed me a picture of Micah, so I recognized him in the train station. It was a long train ride to the palace. Right after we bought our tickets, they were doing a changing of the guards ceremony. It was perfect timing!




My favorite thing inside the palace was the heating system. I thought it was really cool and advanced. Shelly Nuna and I climbed inside one of the fire pits.


Then we went to the Korean folk museum where we saw traditional uggs and learned about the history of kimchi.





I even tried on the traditional Korean hambok.




After we left the museum, I noticed there was an ice-skating ring. It happened to only cost one thousand won per person to skate! Super cheap!! We went skating and I fell a bunch of times.




Then we went to a King Sejong museum that was underground. I even tried on his hat.





After the end of a long and fun day, Mary Nuna met us for dinner. After dinner Mary Nuna wanted to stop by the book store (surprise, surprise). It turned out to be alright though, because Micah bought me a comic book as a gift (score!).

By the end of our adventures I was very happy to crawl in bed and fall asleep, but already looking forward to my next day trip into Seoul!

No comments:

Post a Comment