Thursday, September 17, 2009

Just for fun...

After over a month of receiving multiple emails and text messages from Koreans with jumbles of symbols that I was never entirely sure how to interpret, I finally asked someone to give me the the inside scoop on Korean smilies. So, just for fun and because I am bored on a Thursday night, here is a list of emoticons, a la South Korea.. and I have to say, I think in general they are much cuter and more expressive than the western style. ^-^


smiling
^-^

laughing out loud
^o^

surprised
o.O

annoyed
-.-

shy
*^^*

winking
-_~

amazed
*.*

angry
>.<

sad (tears pouring down)

TT_TT

nervous (beads of sweat)
^.^;;

confusion
?_? or @_@


andddd a few personal favorites:


scratching head
^.^a

peace/victory
v(^_^)v


double thumbs up
d(^_^)b


2 comments:

  1. oh blog, you are so pretty and funny and i love your makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! My favorite face is surprised - it's pretty dead on...

    ReplyDelete